Hello Tomorrow’s Deep Tech Challenge in Africa
For the second year, AfricArena is proud to partner with Hello Tomorrow on their deep tech Africa Challenge. Last year, the winner of the Africa Challenge, Nigerian startup RxAll, ended up winning the global competition and was awarded €100K!
The Africa Challenge is indeed part of the world-renowned Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge which is a unique science-startup competition specifically designed for the needs of early-stage deep tech startups.
Participating startups in the Global Challenge can gain access to equity-free funding (up to €100K prize money), global visibility and connections with key players in the global deep tech ecosystem.
Startups from Africa are in the same time participating in the Africa Challenge, and will get a change to pitch during the Africarena conference in Cape Town on November 11th-12th.
The winner of the Africa Challenge will receive 3,000 USD and plane tickets to attend both the Investor Day and Global Summit in Paris in March 2020. They will get the chance to meet with:
• 400 C-level from industry leaders such as Bosch, IBM, LG, Honda, Servier, GSK, L’Oréal, Bayer, Vinci, DSM, etc.
• 150 VCs such as NEA, Atomico, IdInvest, Balderton, Draper Esprit, etc.
• 50 CVCs such as Airbus, Evonik, Total, Samsung, Merck, Solvay, etc.
• international media such as BBC, Fast Company, Le Monde, etc.
• fellow entrepreneurs (500+ deep tech startups).
You can find all the information you need about the Challenge and the application form here (same application for both Africa & Global Challenge).